About Me

My photo
Welcome to Himalaya Insight. I am Abid and I grew up in the beautiful Leh-ladakh India. I have been in the adventure travel service industry for more than 15 years. I like the mountains and the neighboring flora it brings. Please feel free to ask me any questions about travel to Ladakh

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

THE HIMALAYAN YETI (Brown beer)

Himalayan brown bear (deemo) is a very robust animal inhabiting hills and valley of the Hindu-Kush himalayan region.They have large body with powerfull limbs that terminate in the broad paws with five non-retrectable claws,which are mainly used for rapping and digging.The animals have tapering mizzele and round ears, and have excellent senses of smell and hearing. They have danse, Shaggy fur,which is dark brown sometimes with a silver tinge. The males are bulkier then the females,and weight up to 200kg.Brown bear can walk on there hand feed, and leave gigantic and almost human like footprints.According to its believers, even the Himalayan Yeti leaves a large human like imprint in the snow. A Japanese research , working in Nepal and Bhutan for more then a decade, trying to bust the myth of the Yeti opines that the Himalayan Yeti or the abominable snowman is nothing more then a Himalayan brown bear,althought efforts are still on to shed further light on this.

1 comment:

  1. I asked some people in Nepal if they believed in the Yeti. They said they know he exists. It is real to them. They live with 'firm knowledge' of the Yeti. You may laugh at this but it's good enough for me. The Yeti lives!

    ReplyDelete