About Me

My photo
Welcome to Himalaya Insight. I am Abid and I grew up in the beautiful Leh-ladakh India. I have been in the adventure travel service industry for more than 15 years. I like the mountains and the neighboring flora it brings. Please feel free to ask me any questions about travel to Ladakh

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

SAY IT IN LADAKHI (1)

  1. JULLAY Hello,good bye,thank you etc.
    K'amzang? (Are you well)?
    K'amzang. (I'm) well.
    Tsapik. a Little bit.
    O,ju lay. Yes please.
    Man,Ju-ley No, thank you.
    Ama(ama-lay) Mother.
    Aba(aba-lay) Father
    No(no-no) Younger brother.
    No-mo Younger sister.
    Man(mun) No
    Skyot ley Please come/go
    Zhuks ley please sit/stay
    Zhangs ley Please stand
    Don eat/drink
    Zhimpo Rak it is tasty
    Zhimpo merak It is not tasty
    Tagi chapatti,any bread
    Cha Tea
    Cha ngarmo sweet tea
    Ch'u water
    ch'u skol boiled water.
    Zho yogurt, curd

No comments:

Post a Comment